Hi there, and welcome to Read Like a Demon 2017! Here at the Melbourne Football Club, when we’re not kicking goals on the field, we love nothing more than diving head first into a good book, newspaper or even a magazine. There are so many awesome reasons to read – sometimes we read for enjoyment, sometimes to expand our understanding of how the world works, and sometimes it might even be to learn how to do something new. If anything, it is certainly a great way to wind down after a big game on the field. Come and join our 2017 Melbourne Football Club Read Like a Demon Ambassadors – and resident bookworms, Colin Garland, Jack Trengove, Christian Petracca and Dom Tyson, and explore all the exciting new experiences that our Read Like a Demon program has to offer this year, including:
- digital chats with the players from the Melbourne Football Club. Find out about why they love to read and what their favourite books are
- an interactive website about Anzac Day and the involvement of the Australian soldiers in the First World War.
- a brand new selection of books recommended for all our bookworms out there
- the opportunity to submit your own book review in our ‘Read Like a Demon Book Review’ competition with prizes awarded to students who are selected as our Reviewers of the Month
- the chance for all our budding authors to put pen to paper and share with us their very own piece of creative writing, inspired and created entirely by YOU. Our Read Like a Demon Ambassadors will read and select their favourite stories, with our Write Like a Demon finalists and winner to be announced at our Annual Gala Day at the MCG.