Mcilroy: Tiger’s not superman, he’s human
Woods Isn’t Superman
Tiger Woods has been a great golf player for as long as we can remember. He has been at the forefront and been the world best during his years. The great golf player had an accident recently, during which he sustained injuries on his right leg.
He has been through surgeries to get back to good condition and deal with the injuries. However, while Woods is undergoing surgeries and other treatments, some people have been worried about whether he will return to the golf scene soon.
Some have also inquired whether he’d be able to make a Ben-Hogan comeback. In response to these questions, Mcillroy has said that Tiger Woods is human and should be treated as such. The golf player is not superhuman. In this case, his health is what matters the most and that’s where the priority should be.
Mcilroy further said that people should be happy that Woods is still alive and his kids have not lost their dad to the accident. Woods has been having surgeries and getting treatments lately. Although the 15-time major golf winner has been responsive to treatment, there is a need to give him all the time he needs to get better.
- The accident was an intense one which caused him fractures in his fibula and tibia bones. Other injuries across his ankle and foot have been stabilised through the use of pins, screws, and a rod. So, for now, the thoughts of the great golf player returning to the scene should not even be on the minds of people yet.
- No doubt, the intensity of the injuries gets people bothered about whether the golf legend will ever get to play golf like he used to. Also, considering the fact that this is the fifth surgery that Woods will undergo, it becomes valid to inquire whether he would be able to get back to competitive gaming.
- However, while Mcilroy was preparing to attend the World Golf Championship, the only thing he was concerned about was improving the health of Woods, and not about his returning to the game. He further stated that Woods has been through a lot in recent times in terms of his health and the surgeries he has had to go through. As such, it is crucial that he’s allowed to focus on his health first before anything.
- As it stands, Golf is not in consideration for now. After all, you can only play golf when you are healthy. More so, Woods has been at the forefront for so many years and has delivered consistently. He is a 15-time major winner. He has won several awards in golf and has become a household name. His name can be likened to golf itself. Already, he was moving towards his retirement.
- Everyone has been preparing for the moment in which Woods will no longer be a part of the game, after all, he has been for several years. No one is to say this last event will mark the beginning of the end. However, Woods has been moving towards his last golf days, and if this is it, well he clearly has paid all his dues as a golf legend.